Thanks for clicking through, if you are interested in UVB and horticulture, you should bookmark us now. We have more experience than everyone combined: over two decades, and we understand what you want and need. We have two basic series for horticulture, plus other lamps for special applications.Flower Power
lamps are a remarkable technology that produce up to 50x the UVB that you would get from a reptile light, tanning bulb or other lamps. We know because we sold over a million tanning bulbs before designing this special horticultural lamp. The Flower Power is our 4th generation lamp and is designed exclusively for horticulture. Here are some of the details:
* Patented SG technology, the glass is more transparent to ultraviolet and lets higher frequency UVB pass through. Quite literally, we can produce frequencies that no other lamp can, frequencies that the sun passes through but other lamps can't.
* Extremely high UVB. You wouldn't use this for a lizard or to tan with! Plants are in the sun all the time, they can take much higher UVB than we can, and the Flower Power delivers.
* Pulse design. It is designed to only be used 2 to 8 hours a day, in 2 to 4 sessions. Studies show this stimulates the plant better and gets 20% to 40% higher resin production.
* Broadcast capable. Because it is so powerful, you can use it in greenhouses to cover large areas and run it all day. You just have to be over 4 foot away, but this 1 lamp will replace up several "general purpose" UV lights, making it more effective, but also much cheaper.
* Lasts about 3 growing seasons of 2 months, or longer. Extremely cost effect.
* Uses any standard, off the shelf, single bulb F32, F34 or F40 light fixture. You can buy these an Home Depot or Lowes. We don't like "vendor lock in", so we make our lamps universal size.
* We guarantee
you will see at least a 20% improvement the first time you use them, and that it will improve as you fine tune the hours for your plants. Results showing total resin content of 29% to 33% are on file, with some claiming higher. If you know how to grow properly, these lamps will easily push you to the next level. Even if you are a novice, the results are obvious.
Tent growing / small room
Note: Flower Power lamps need to be at least 18" from the plants, although 24" is better. If you need UV lamps in a tight environment (small room, tents, etc) then you should use our Universal UV
bulbs. They are F32 sized, 4 foot, can be used in any shop light fixture, and cheap to operate. They have many of the advantages, but are designed to be much closer to the plants with less risk of burning them.
Back to Support